|Home||» Products||» Eye Care Medicines||» Tetracaine Hydrochloride|
Tetracaine is a local anesthetic. It works by blocking nerve signals in your body.
Tetracaine injection is given as an epidural injection into the spinal column to produce numbness during labor, surgery, or certain medical procedures.
- high blood pressure;
- heart disease, heart rhythm disorder;
- any type of infection;
- hereditary angioedema or a history of allergic reactions; or
- A light-headed feeling,
- Tremors, severe drowsiness;
- Weak or shallow breathing;
- Severe headache, neck stiffness, increased sensitivity to light; or
- Numbness, tingling, burning pain, or severe shooting pains anywhere in your body.
Common side effects may include:
- Feeling nervous or excited;
- Dizziness, drowsiness;
- Blurred vision;
- Nausea, vomiting; or
- Ringing in your ears.